Safe Campus Community
Social Science Building Emergency Procedures
Social Science has formed a building emergency team to assist with evacuating the building during emergencies.
The team has received a positive appraisal from Western's Fire Safety and Emergency Management for their quick and efficient procedures.
When alarm sounds
- Grab your coat, keys, purse or wallet -- you may not be allowed back in the building
- Close door of office/room
- Evacuate the building immediately by the stairs (do not use the elevators)
- If unable to take the stairs down, wait in the stairwell. A building emergency team member will notify the fire department. If you have a cell phone on you, call 911 to let them know your location.
- Once outside the building, be sure to stand at least 10 metres from the building exit.
- Wait until the alarm stops and you get the ok from a building emergency team member to go back in the building.
- For emergencies where you can not evacuate building, the stairwells and washrooms are the safe places to go. Avoid rooms with exterior windows.
Building Emergency Team
- Team Members (PDF, 23KB)
- Building Emergency Team Procedures (PDF, 61KB)
- Shelter in Place (pdf)
- Emergency Response Plan (Fire & Safety website)
- Campus BET (Fire & Safety website)
Social Science First Aid
|First Aid Kit Location||First Aider and Location|
|Room 1228||Mary van de Ven|
|Room 1226||Steve Bamford|
|Room 2105||Jennifer Atkins & Nicole Harding|
|Room 2411||Erika Hill|
|Room 3327||Laura Fleming, room 3322
Ed Eastaugh, room 3438
Lisa Hodgetts, room 3423
|Room 4071||Debra Merrifield|
|Room 4100||Josh Morgan and Lorrie Lefebvre|
|Room 4200||Sara Alfred|
|Room 6256||Leah Huffman, room 6220|
|Room 7418||Beata Jaroslawski, room 7418|
|Room 9438||Ann Seabrook|
Monday to Friday: 7:00am - midnight
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 10:30pm
All other hours, Social Science student/staff/faculty can use their Western ONECard on the front & back doors and loading dock door.