University Research Grant

University Research Grant (Research Grant in Lieu of Salary)

The University Research Grant is a program by which a portion of a faculty member’s salary is allotted as a research grant. This amount is subsequently reported on a T4A tax information slip, against which research expenses can be claimed.

Sabbaticants wishing to apply for a University Research Grant must review the Terms and Conditions Sheet. You will also need to provide a short research proposal and a budget (see URG Terms and Conditions Information Form).

The completed application should be submitted to the Associate Dean- Research. Upon arrival, it will be forwarded to the appropriate contact in Human Resources.

 Last Updated: August 19, 2016